Informations sur la vente
Le 25 juin de 12h à 17h, le 26 juin de 12h à 16h, les 27 et 28 juin de 9h30 à 17h30, et le 29 juin de 9h30 à 20h.
Pour tout renseignement, veuillez contacter la Maison de Ventes au +44 (0) 20 7495 9494.
Voir ci-dessous :
Conditions de vente
1. (a)Bloomsbury Auctions Limited trading as Bloomsbury Auctions ("the Auctioneer") sells as agents for the seller (except where otherwise stated) and as such is not responsible for any default by buyer or seller
(b) The Seller warrants to the Auctioneer and to the buyer that he is the true owner or is properly authorised to sell the property by the true owner and is able to transfer good and marketable title to the property free from any third party claims.
2. (a) The highest bidder to be the buyer. If during the auction the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen he has absolute authority to settle it or to re-offer the lot. The auctioneer may at his sole discretion determine the advance of bidding or refuse a bid, divide any lot, combine any two or more lots or withdraw any lot without prior notice.
(b) Where goods are bought at auction by a buyer who has entered into an agreement with another or others that the other or others (or some of them) shall abstain from bidding for the goods and the buyer or other party or one of the other parties is a dealer as defined in the Auction (Biddings Agreement Act 1927) the buyer warrants that the goods are bought bona fide on a joint account.
3. The buyer shall pay the price at which a lot is knocked down by the Auctioneer to the buyer ("the hammer price") together with a premium of 22%, hereafter collectively referred to as "the total sum due." In the case of a lot when the hammer price exceeds £300,000 the premium shall be 12% thereafter. By making any bid the buyer acknowledges that this attention has been drawn to the fact that on the sale of any lot the Auctioneer will receive from the seller commission at its usual rates in addition to the said premium and assents to the Auctioneers receiving the said Commission.
4. (a) The buyer shall forthwith upon the purchase give in his name and permanent address together with proof of identity and pay to the Auctioneer immediately after the conclusion of the auction the total sum due.
(b) The buyer may be required to pay down during the course if the sale the whole or any part of the total sum due, and if he fails to do so after such request the lot or lots may at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion be put up again and resold immediately.
(c) The buyer shall at his own expense take away any lot or lots purchased no later that five working days after the auction day.
(d) The Auctioneer may at his discretion agree credit terms with a buyer and extend the time limits for collection in special cases but otherwise payment shall be deemed to have been made only after the Auctioneer has received cash or a sterling banker's draft or the buyer's cheque has been cleared.
(e) All sums due to the Auctioneer shall be paid as shown and he reserves the right to charge interest which shall accrue at the rate of 4% over such base lending rate of National Westminster Bank Plc as shall be in force at the date that interest becomes due, such sum to be calculated per annum from day to day on all amounts due but unpaid. This right shall be exercisable without prejudice to any other right of the Auctioneer.
5. (a) If the buyer fails to pay for or take away any lots pursuant to clause 4 or breaches any other condition of that clause the Auctioneer as agent for the seller shall be entitled after consultation with the seller to exercise one or other of the following rights: Rescind the sale of that or any other lots sold to the buyer who defaults and re-sell the lot or lots whereupon the defaulting buyer shall pay to the Auction any shortfall between the proceeds of that sale after deduction of costs or re-sale and the total sum due. Any surplus shall belong to the seller. ii. Proceed for damages for breach of contract.
(b) Without prejudice to the Auctioneer's rights hereunder if any lot or lots are not collected within five days or such longer period as the Auctioneer may have agreed otherwise, the Auctioneer may charge the buyer a storage charge up to £1.00 per lot per day.
6. (a) The seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot and the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the seller for any lot on which a reserve has been placed. A seller may not bid on any lot on which he has placed a reserve.
(b) Where any lot fails to sell, the Auctioneer shall notify the seller accordingly. The seller shall be requested to make arrangements either to collect the lot or re-offer the lot for sale; if re-offered standard selling commission is always 15% and the vendor may be asked to pay any special expenses incurred in cataloguing the lot.
(c) If such arrangements are not made within seven days of the notification the Auctioneer is empowered to sell the lot without reserve by auction or by private treaty and to receive from the seller the normal selling commission and special expenses,
7. Any representation or statement by the Auctioneer in any catalogue, brochure or advertisement of forthcoming sales as to authorship, attribution, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition or estimate selling price is a statement of opinion only. Every person interest should exercise and rely on his own judgement as to such matters and neither the Auctioneer nor his servants or agents are responsible for the correctness of such opinions. No warranty whatsover is given by the Auctioneer or the seller in respect of any lot and any express or implied warranties are hereby excluded.
8. No warranty is given by the auctioneer, its servants or agents, to the seller as to he authorship, attribution, genuineness, origin, date, provenance, condition or value of any lot any express or implied warranties in respect of such matter are excluded. The seller acknowledges and agrees that the Auctioneer owes no duty to the seller or the buyer in respect of any inaccuracies in such information and against all costs and expenses incurred by the Auctioneer in dealing with any claim arising in that respect.
9. (a) Notwithstanding any other terms of these conditions, if within fourteen days of the sale the Auctioneer has received from the buyer of any lot notice in writing that in his view the lot is a deliberate forgery and within fourteen days after such notification the buyer returns the same to the Auctioneer in the same condition as at the time of the sale and satisfies the Auctioneer that considered in the light of the entry in the catalogue the lot is a deliberate forgery then the sale of the lot will be rescinded and the purchase price of the same refunded. "A deliberate forgery" means a lo made with intention to deceive.
(b) A buyer's claim under this condition shall be limited to any amount paid to the Auctioneer for the lot and for the purpose of this condition the buyer shall be the person to whom the original invoice was made out by the Auctioneer.
10. Lots may be removed during the sale after full settlement in accordance with 4.d. hereof.
11. All goods delivered to the Auctioneer's premises will be deemed to be delivered for sale by auction unless otherwise stating in writing and will be catalogued and sold at the Auctioneer's discretion and accepted by the Auctioneer subject to all these conditions. By delivering the goods to the auctioneer for inclusion in his auction sales each seller acknowledges that he or it accepts and agrees to all conditions.
12. (a) Unless otherwise instructed in writing all goods on the Auctioneer's premises and in their custody will be held insured against the risk of fire, burglary, water damage and accidental breakage or damage for which insurance the Auctioneer will charge a premium of £1.50 per £100 (minimum £2.50). The value of the goods so covered will be the hammer price, or in the case of unsold lots the best bid, or in the case of loss or damage prior to the sale that which the specialist staff of the Auctioneer shall in their absolute discretion estimate to be the auction value of such goods.
(b) The Auctioneer shall not be responsible for loss or damage to goods of any kind whether caused by negligence or otherwise unless goods are covered by insurance effected by the Auctioneer as provided for in clause 12.a. above.
(c) Any liability of the Auctioneer for any claim arising from loss or damage of any kind in respect of goods whether caused by negligence or otherwise including any claims for conversation will be limited to the amount of insurance cover effected in accordance with the provisions of clause 12.a. above.
13. The Auctioneer shall remit the proceeds of the sale to the seller no later than twenty-eight days after the day of the auction provided that the Auctioneer has received the total sum due from the buyer. In all other cases the Auctioneer will remit the proceeds of the sale to the seller within seven days of the receipt by the Auctioneer of the total sum due. The Auctioneer will not be deemed to have received the total sum due until after any cheque delivered by the buyer has been cleared. In the event of the Auctioneer exercising his right to rescind the sale his obligation to the seller hereunder lapses.
14. In the case of the seller withdrawing instructions to the Auctioneer to sell any lot or lots the Auctioneer may in this event charge the seller such cancellation charges as may be deemed necessary by the Auctioneer to compensate the Auctioneer for all expenses and other losses involved in or resulting from such cancellation and without limitation to the above such compensation shall not be less than the vendor's commission and the buyer's premium chargeable on the middle estimate of the auction price of the lot or lots withdrawn and any other expenses incurred in respect of the lot or lots.
15. The Auctioneer's current standard notices and information will apply to any contract with the Auctioneer as if incorporated herein.
16. The Auctioneer accepts no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of their staff to bid for any lots. Reserves, and commissions given by telephone are accepted at sender's risk and must be confirmed in writing before the date of the sale.
17. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Lire plus
Contacter la maison de vente.
Informations Maison de vente